Thursday, August 27, 2009

Sleeping cycle is %#&@*#

13.5 hours of flying...I felt like a zombie after reaching my final destination in Okinawa. I barely slept on the plane because it was just too uncomfortable. At that point, I was up for 26 hours. But I made it!

First thing sissy and I did was go to downtown to get some snacks. We went to this fancy 7-11 like store where I was overwhelmed with the all the different types of food they had, most of which were prepackaged meals: rice plates, sushi, mochi balls. In a hurry to get home, I just picked up a salmon rice ball and a coffee that came in a tiny milk carton. My sister made me get this spicy chicken that came hot out of an oven, placed in a small bag, and into my hands. It was tasty.

We headed home so I could finally shower and go to bed. The streets were crowded and narrow with many buildings of flashing neon lights. Lots of young girls on little mopeds, wearing no other protective gear but a helmet, would weave in and out of traffic. What's the rush? I was nervous for them. They could easily be hit by the other cars.

Fairly hot and humid at 11pm. I was afraid of how the days would be like: sticky, sweaty, suffocating. I guess I'll have to wait and see.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment