Thursday, September 3, 2009

Somebody pinch me

I've always wanted to partake in a traditional Japanese bath house and today, I've accomplished just that. 3 hours, easily spent in amenities such as natural hot spring baths, healing baths, outdoor jacuzzi, and different temperature pools- All on the beachfront. It's not a place for bashful bathers, for complete nudity is the only way to go about the hot springs. It was soothing, calming, relaxing.
Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic


Outside in the jacuzzi and pool area, swimsuits were permitted. Thank goodness for that! I'm not that bold. I watched a full sunset while soaking in the jacuzzi. It was PHENOMENAL.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Sticking with the traditional Japanese ways, I proceeded to the showers...which was completely open in the women's corridors. They had these little stations where you'd sit down and soap up and shower. I never felt so comfortable and relaxed in my own skin. One last thing I had to do before I left: Doctor Fish.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

These little fish nibbled the dead skin off my feet! Yikes!

No comments:

Post a Comment