Saturday, October 10, 2009

Cleanse.

Last night was one of those long, emotional gut wrenching nights. As I was driving home, I had this sudden urge roll down my window and chuck a 5 pound ceramic cupcake out into the open road. Why? Well...it was rolling around on the passenger seat floor. This boy had taken it from me some odd years ago and it was just returned. (I sculpted this cupcake back in college for a pottery class). It was just sitting in my car. What use would I have of it? It was heavy, purposeless, and excess baggage that I didn't need. I was okay without it. I haven't even noticed its absence. There was something invigorating about seeing it smash into dozens of little bits and pieces. I continued to drive off. Looking into the rear view mirror, I saw broken pieces tumbled and scattered around. A huge sigh of relief came over me. It felt so good.

Moving on, looking forward and never backward. I was motivated to clean my room today. In more preparation for the remodeling in my house. When I came home from JP, our entire kitchen had been transformed. In 2 weeks, when I leave to the East coast, more work will be done on the house, so my mom told me to pack up all the things in my room. I managed to throw out bags and bags of clothes and junk. I came across a lot of things I had forgotten about. Old letters, pictures, and keepsakes. For a moment there, I was lost in time. Reminiscing about memories and moments of the past. I kept most of it. Not sure why. What was the point? Like that cupcake, it was useless, excess baggage that needed to be disposed of.

No comments:

Post a Comment