Friday, October 23, 2009

destination: Washingon D.C.



A much needed getaway. Funny, I always think that I need a vacation. Really, life isn't tough at all, but I'm just hooked on traveling and seeing different places. I remember taking my first trip to the East Coast, about 4 years ago. I HATED the flight, but over the years, it's gotten a lot better. No more need for those sleeping pills! Now, I get excited to hop on a plane, no matter how short or long the flight may be. All I know is that wherever I'm going, I'll have a great time.

So far, D.C. has been great. Right when we got here, we went to the famous Ben's Chili Bowl. I saw it on the Man Vs. Food just last week and knew that we had to try it out. It was fingerlickin' good! I really like how this place manages to keep their prices low even when it's become a D.C. landmark.

It's absolutely beautiful here. Historical monuments take me back to my grade school years where we learned about U.S. history. There are so many trees here and you can see a kaleiedescope of fall colors its leaves. I like California, but we never get to see a true change of seasons.

No comments:

Post a Comment