Thursday, October 15, 2009

What a weekend



Friday night was one of those unforgettable and wild times that my girlfriends and I tend to have every so often. This time, it was on Broadway, SF. It started off as a chill night, to meet my friends up for a birthday celebration (Happy Bday Suzan, Ann O. and Kristel!) I was never a fan of Broadway because it's an absolute cock fest there and it's always swarmed with cars and cops. Oh, let's not forget, parking is impossible. But Friday night, we had nothing to complain about. Found free parking within a few minutes and being that the streets had too much testosterone, we got into every club/bar for free and practically got hookups with drinks all night from the promoters and bar tenders. Sweet! We even got lured into a strip club. Broadway Showgirls was the name I think. Surprisingly, the strippers were pretty hot. We sat in their plush couches and giggled like little school girls. HAHAH. Well, maybe just MyChi and I, since it was our first time. I never thought I'd set foot in a place like that, but it was fun and I'd do it again. Anyway, the night went on, more bars and clubs and finally meeting up with the birthday girls @ Apartment 24. Pablo, the promoter gave us a dozen drink tickets, more than half of which I used to pour alchy down Suzan's throat. Man, she held her own and got "buzzed". My hero. Our night ended @ a bombass Chinese food restaurant. Gotta love New Sun Hong Kong! Next thing you know, it was 3am. What can I say...it's always a good time with my lovers.




20 years ago...October 17, 1989. I had just come home from the babysitter's. Annie was standing next to me in the dining room when the violent shaking began. My dad grabbed us and ran outside. We hung on the swing set and were oblivious to what was going on.

You'll never forget where you were that day...no matter how many decades pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment