Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Running



I could not fathom running a marathon. 26.2 miles to be exact. I can barely run a mile under 10 minutes and doing so makes me wheezy. My sissy's got some stamina. She did the marathon in 4.5 hours with some obstacles in the way...(runs while running if ya know what i mean). It was so awesome to see over 30,000 people running all over Washington D.C., intertwining through the nation's monuments. It was beautiful. There were people of all ages, backgrounds, and even ppl with disabilities. Their strength and endurance is truly remarkable. I wonder what goes through their minds and what they think about when over the 26 miles. What is the driving force that compels them to keep on going? Everyone's story is different.

At one point, my brother and I caught a glimpse of Annie taking a turn around the Washington monument, we darted towards her and ran by my side. My brother snapped pictures of her and I held a sign up to cheer her on. I'll keep that moment in my memory forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment