Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Hinamatsuri

What a sweet surprise. I came home to this cute little pop-up card from Hiromi, my dear friend from Japan! "Hi Lynn-chan" as she says. (Chan attached to the ending of a name means "young one".) She sent me a card for Hinamatsuri...which I googled! It's a Japanese holiday, significant for "Girls Day" or "Dolls Festival". They celebrate it on the 3rd day of March. By Mid or late February, families with daughters put out special dolls on display in hopes that their daughters will grow up healthy, happy, and with good fortune. They must be careful to not display the dolls for too long, for it will be bad luck for the girls. It is thought that they would become old maids or will never marry! I love learning about different traditions and cultures.



I can't stop looking at this card. Open, close, open close. It's so fancy and cute...as with everything from Japan. I think I'll send her a Valentine's Day card. I wonder if they celebrate it over there. Perhaps I'll send her some naughty panties from Victoria Secret too. hahaha.

No comments:

Post a Comment