Saturday, February 20, 2010

Austin day 1

It's midnight now in Austin and I've finally settled into my hotel room. Getting here felt like it took up the whole day! I flew SFO-AUS, a 3 hour flight, but I can't complain much since my boss generously booked a first class flight! It was my first time in first class too! Seats were really comfortable and the stewardess was extra nice. I had some fancy salad for my lunch and a bottomless glass of ginger ale. Upon arrival to the hotel (downtown Austin) I had noticed a lot of people parading the streets in costumes and scantily clad outfits. Men and women! I'm not sure what's going on around here, but it looks like Mardi Gras? It was like Halloween meets S&M meets Vegas. Kind of scary. But I'm here for business and not to party! So after checking in, we checked out the scene to find the infamous "Hoboken Pizza." Disappointment!!! It wasn't that great.

Now in the hotel room...by myself on a Saturday night. Oh how I wish I were home... I wasn't thrilled about the thought of attending this "tech conference" in Texas for 6 days...starting today (my weekend). But I'm going to do it with a smile on my face because I chose this path and I'm going to do my best =) Gnite.

No comments:

Post a Comment