Friday, April 9, 2010

Until next time...

The worse part about going on vacation is coming home. Of course, it always nice to see my family, friends, familiar food, and the comfort of my own bed. But once I stepped off the plane in SFO, I knew that my adventures in a foreign country would come to a halt until next year. I'll have to limit myself to 1 international trip or else, I'll get hooked and become a nomad!

We covered all of Shanghai and Beijing in such a short time! The many historic sites, modern landscapes, markets, and late night social scenes all conquered until our feet ached and curiosity for all things foreign were satisfied. At first, I thought Shanghai was just like another city from the U.S. I was expecting it to be less developed. Once we got into Beijing, I appreciated Shanghai for what it was. It was a great way to view China in a modern light and to see how it's flourishing. Even though it had many restaurants, shops, and clubs very similar to those in the States, it had personality =) Seeing that Beijing had that old, historic, dirty crowded feeling, it had charm. Between the two, I'm not sure which I city to like best! They were both different in their own ways. I'm just grateful to have experienced old China and new China in one trip. I feel so complete from this trip that I don't feel the need to return. Although, there are 2 things left that I want to see that might change my mind. One, the Terracotta warriors in the Xian Shaanxi province and perhaps Hong Kong to complete my tour of the world's Disneyland parks =) I was so fortunate to have traveled to China with my gfs. I've known these girls since I was 5 years old. We've grown up together and now we're exploring the world together. I couldn't have asked for a more fun, safe, and smooth trip. Now...back to reality!

No comments:

Post a Comment