Monday, March 22, 2010

I can't sleep

It's 12:50am and I should be asleep by now but there's too much on my mind. On top of the list is this China trip. I planned this trip months ago, maybe in December? Not realizing that I'd be working by now and with all of these other commitments. I didn't think my life would be this "serious" when leaving the country for weeks at a time would have a major effect. Really, I had just planned on roaming the earth and doing whatever pleased me until I spent every last penny in my pocket. Instead, that crazy thought of mine became a far fetched dream as I chickened out and took the safe route. Anyway, here I am starting off in a fairly new job and still trying to travel at the same time. There is no such thing as vacation in the working world. Because when you are gone, you still get those emails piled up in your inbox and when you return, the work will still be there, only you are behind schedule. I think I'd feel better if I were more prepared. My goal this weekend was to start packing. I didn't even start... My only attempt at preparing for China was a quick trip to Target.

I got these:
1. Baby wipes
2. Travel make up wipes
3. Travel size lotion

At least I'll be clean and moisturized while abroad.

Hmmm...weekend recap.


LUCY!! turned 25. Yes, we celebrated another one hitting quarter century. I don't feel so sad now that it's everyone else's turn. Friday, we took her out to dinner at Boiling Crab, which was a 3 hour wait. Are you kidding me?! We went over to Crawdaddy instead and that was a 45 minute wait. Yay! Filled ourselves up with all sorts of finger licking goodness and at about 11pm we managed to get out on the road for some major partying. My girl only turns 25 once right? Zen lounge must have had wayyyyy too much testosterone in there, because I had never seen so many free drinks get passed around. Big ups to mama Lucy for handling her's. As for me...well let's just say that crawfish is just as spicy coming up as it is going down. Birthday round 2 with Lucy occured this morning with brunch in downtown SJ and then The Legally Blonde musical. It was a fun loving show and the songs are still stuck in my head. Go see it! Anyway, Happy Birthday Lucy...my kindergarten buddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment