Monday, March 29, 2010

Shanghai day something...


(Bar/lounge at Lost Heaven).

The next few days in shanghai passed by too fast. Routine: Shop and site see by day, party by night. It's a lively city and I'm starting to really like it. To be honest, when I first got here, I was expecting old China with all sorts of underdeveloped neighborhoods and vendors filling up the streets with their food stands and trinkets. I was wrong. It's a very modern city with a lot of expats, predominately from UK. People flock here for jobs and considerably cheap living. At the same time, they can enjoy a completely different culture!




Anyway, I'm exhausted! We walked to so many different places today, an antique street, Old shanghai buildings, and more parks. My favorite was an imperial garden called Yu Yuan Garden. It had bridges over the rich green water and huge Koi ponds with cute little turtles. It was nice to be in a peaceful place for once. Beyond its walls was chaos: A huge marketplace with endless stalls and stores of tourists. It was one of those places where you had to hang on tight to your belongings.



No comments:

Post a Comment